To answer the drilling industry's need for an efficient circulating sub that can be used inconjunction with retrievable MWD probes, Drilling Systems International introduces the Sliding Sleeve Big Bore (SSBB) system. This tool provides the same reliability Associated with Drilling Systems International's PBL multiactivation Bypass System as well as the
same industry proven functionality. In addition, the SSBB offers several new features:
- Unlimited number of cycles
- Large ID provides the operator with the ability to deploy or retrieve probe style MWD sensors, drilling tools, or core barrels while still maintaining the ability to activate the SSBB tool.
The SSBB has the same applications as the standard PBL:
- Pumping all types of LCM materials, including aggressive pills and cement squeezes
- Increasing circulation rates for improved hole cleaning resulting in reduced
torque and drag, thereby increasing ROP
- Increasing annular velocity in highly deviated and horizontal wellbores where removal of cutting beds and hole cleaning are problematic.
- Fluid displacements
- Sub sea riser/BOP jetting
- Acidizing and stimulation treatments
- Coring applications